Hassell Primary Pupil Premium: Allocation and planned expenditure 2017/2018
Principles for funding allocation:
- We ensure that teaching and learning opportunities meet the needs of all pupils.
- We ensure that appropriate provision is made for pupils who belong to vulnerable groups. This specifically includes ensuring that the needs of socially disadvantaged pupils are addressed.
- In making provision for socially disadvantaged pupils, we recognise that not all pupils who are eligible for free school meals, (or have been eligible in the last 6 years) are socially disadvantaged.
- We also recognise that not all pupils who are socially disadvantaged are registered or qualify for free school meals. We therefore allocate Pupil Premium funding to support any pupil or groups of pupils that the school has legitimately identified as being socially disadvantaged.
Pupil Premium funding will be allocated following annual needs analysis which will identify priority classes and groups. See below for the planned expenditure for 2018 - 1019 and impact in previous years
Pupil Premium Allocation 2016 - 2017
Pupil Premium Allocation: £75,240
Adopted from care: 3 pupils - £ 5,700
Ever 6 update: £ 1,620
number of children: 50 x £1320 = £66,00
Pupil Premium Allocation 2015 -2016
Service children: 2 x £300 = £600
Total allocation - £66,600
Pupil Premium Funding is planned to be spent on:
- Reading support programmes
- Literacy and Numeracy interventions (teacher and teaching assistant support)
- SENSS additional support
- Educational Resources (including ICT equipment)
- Educational trips and activities
- Nurture programme
- Extra-curricular activities (including equipment where needed)
- Breakfast club
Information on pupil achievements for those children receiving additional funding can be found on the data dashboard page.
In July 2015 all pupils in Year 6 who were in receipt of pupil premium funding, achieved level 4 or higher; making expected or better progress from their starting points.