School admissions are now open for Reception places in 2021. Please click on the school badge to access Staffs LA online form:
Please note that our admissions arrangements are included within the prospectus and are in line with Staffordshire County Council. All pupil admissions (including those for pupils starting in reception or within other year groups) go through Staffordshire County Council.
Please see the timeline below which includes important points to consider prior to making your application.
The application system will open on 1 November 2020. You should only use this system if your child lives in Staffordshire.
- You are strongly advised to make more than one preference.
- We recommend you include your catchment area school. There are some schools in Staffordshire who do not operate a catchment area within their admission arrangements.
- Understand the admission arrangements for your preferred school(s) and view further information on how places are allocated.
- Consider how your child will get to school. Very few children are entitled to free or discounted home-to-school travel assistance.
- If you are applying for an academy, foundation or voluntary aided school you may need to provide extra information or submit a supplementary form.
- Website application link:https://www.staffordshire.gov.uk/Education/Admissions-primary/Apply/Overview.aspx?fbclid=IwAR0yh6DxkscSzAbc4rDa6w_JHeadNlEn57ANWirhzVuIyh4WjUqQ7NCaoX4
Applications will close on 15 January 2021.
- Last year there were over 200 late applications. This may have affected the outcome of these applications.
- The late application policy (detailed in the published admission arrangements) will apply to those applications made after the closing date.
Applications sent to and received from other local authorities.
Application details and supporting documentation sent to acadmies, aided and foundation schools.
Academies, aided and foundations schools forward lists of all preferences ranked in accordance with their admission arrangements to the county council.
Provisional offers shared between local authorities.
Final offers exchanged between local authorities.
Parents receive outcomes on National Offer Day, 16 April 2021.
April - August
Processing of late applications and any available places allocated from waiting lists.
June - July
Appeals heard by independent appeal panels.
Making an application
The quickest and easiest way to apply is online. A link to the online application system will appear here once applications open. You must apply through the local authority where your child lives not where your preferred schools are located.
What if I can't apply online or have a problem?
You can call us on 0300 111 8007 and select the option for 'School Admissions and Transport' or email [email protected] so we can help you.
As a last resort, you can complete the relevant paper application form but it really is better to apply online. Please note: Paper application forms sent by post will not receive an acknowledgement of receipt and you will not receive your school place offer by email on 16 April 2021
You can then either:
- Email the form to [email protected]
- Or print out the form and post it to:
School Admissions and Transport Service, Staffordshire County Council, 1 Staffordshire Place, Stafford, ST16 2DH.
If the number of children seeking admission to Hassell exceeds the number of places available then the following order of priority will be used.
a) Pupils living within the catchment area of the school.
b) Pupils who would, in the first year to which the application relates, have an older brother or sister in attendance at Hassell.
c) Pupils who satisfy both of the following points;
i) They are distinguished from the great majority of other applicants either by reason of disability or by other exceptional circumstances and;
ii) They would suffer hardship if they were unable to attend Hassell.
d) Other pupils arranged in order of priority according to how near their home addresses are to Hassell. Measurement being by the nearest practical walking route.
e)The Governors reserve the right to defer admission of early years children, if they feel that for whatever reason, the child is not yet ready to take advantage of a full time education.
If you are unsure of how to apply for a place at a local school, or would like further information, please see the guidance below.
Please find the Staffordshire admissions guidance below: